Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
questions about paint color and mounting of figures
02-24-2012, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2012 10:43 PM by goodcop2000.)
RE: questions about paint color and mounting of figures
(02-24-2012 06:32 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  One good technique to help with the borders between areas is to "wash" the figure....

Awesome, thanks! Now I'm excited to try another figure. Unfortunately while normal people start their weekend tonight, my work week starts so I probably won't be painting at all until the middle of next week.
(02-24-2012 06:54 PM)Emp Wrote:  ...In miniature painting they have realy realy realy thin brushes, like in numbers it's 0/10.

When you paint more you will find out that you can use the flow of the brush to get into those small areas. Just let the paint and brush do the work for you, don't just jam that tip in there. Treat the paint, brush and the figure like a woman Zombie17
Ok, pun intended here Watchmen02.

Thanks. I will look to buy a couple of the extra thin brushes for those detail areas.

By the way, I tried out your "treat the figure like a woman" method but it was a bit awkward. I rolled it over and slapped it on the rear but it just laid there. Zombie12

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: questions about paint color and mounting of figures - goodcop2000 - 02-24-2012 10:38 PM