Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Thing prequel
02-25-2012, 11:00 AM
The Thing prequel
Well, it's been a couple of weeks since i've seen the thing prequel and my mind is starting to hurt from all the thoughts/questions/theories that race through my head since i've seen it.
where to begin!!
is it any good??...it's entertaining... but it should have been so much more...it's a prequel and that in its very nature means explaining its origins, the why, the what and the who. Somewhere along the line the writers forgot this and just delivered more of a remake than an actual prequel. But it does have some redeeming features, it does show how some stuff happened( the axe in the wall, guy cutting his own throat, end credits that lead up to the beginning of the thing 1982, ...) Attention to these details shows that an effort was made to explain but sadly enough the main character (The Thing) didn't get this treatment, while it should have been the main focus of the movie.

what's wrong with this movie??? well...(spoiler alert here!!!)

For me it was the ending. The Thing goes back to the spacecraft...i mean why...WHYYYYYYYYYY... it crashed...the thing 1982 begin credits...spacecraft swerving out of control and entering earth's atmosphere...it's the first THING!!!!! we as an audience are told. A ALIEN SPACECRAFT CRASHES INTO THE ANTARTIC... it doesn't laaaaaaand... no no no it crashhhhh-esssssh... that's probably why the alien got out in the first place because the ship was kaput...and what do they do in the prequel in the third act...the alien returns to the ship to start up old bessy there and try to fly away...NOOOOOOOOOooo!!!
sadly enough there a couple of moments where they just make the thing do stuff it just wouldn't do...bummer!!
if you like me are a real fan of the 1982 version, and you want to talk about this movie post a comment alright
I just need to talk about the thing, i've spent hours, days trying to figure out the lifecycle of this creature and if you're interested in hearing some theories let me know or have some of your own post it
this will be my therapy Watchmen02

grts
The ThingDarqo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Thing prequel - Kiddarqo - 02-25-2012 11:00 AM
RE: The Thing prequel - Emp - 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
RE: The Thing prequel - Old Dwarf - 02-26-2012, 12:34 AM
RE: The Thing prequel - Kiddarqo - 02-26-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: The Thing prequel - Emp - 02-26-2012, 10:34 AM
RE: The Thing prequel - Kiddarqo - 02-26-2012, 02:28 PM