Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies)
03-04-2012, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 06:16 AM by goodcop2000.)
RE: Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies)
So my kids and I played my Final Wave scenario for the first time tonight. My daughters were the zombies and my son and I were the heroes (Sheriff Anderson and Father Joseph for me, Billy and Sam for him). I have more LNOE zombies on order but for this game we used 14 LNOE zombies and 14 of the ones used in the "Zombies" game.

We had to suspend play until tomorrow after 10 turns because it was getting too late but the zombie mega-horde is crazy! There were several turns where all 28 zombies were on the board and the heroes were desperately trying not to get pinned in a building.

With 5 turns left, Billy and Sam are both wounded, on the run toward the hospital with some decent distance between them and the ravenous beasts. However, Father Joseph and Sheriff Anderson are both zombie heroes with the good Padre falling prey to a "I Feel Kinda Strange" card while battling several zombies (see photo)

and Sheriff Anderson having the terrible luck to have the building he was about to enter "Taken Over" and then to roll 1 on two consecutive movement rolls so that he was swarmed over by 8 zombies included zombie Father Joseph (see photo).

We haven't had as much zombie carnage as I would have liked although Sam did kill 9 zombies out of 12 with one shotgun blast. Sam and Billy have been running around almost all game with dynamite and gasoline but just can not find anything to light them.

We'll see how the final 5 turns go tomorrow - more zombies should die because of the "zombies weakening" rule I made, but my initial impression is that I'm going to have to give the heroes some more help at the beginning of the game (maybe another bonus hero card and/or well-stocked buildings). It's been a miracle just to keep two heroes alive up to this point and if it wasn't for my daughters accidentally leaving slim escape routes open and a well-timed Fire Extinguisher the heroes would all be slaughtered by now. (photo when Father Joseph had just turned zombie and attacked his former friends - things were looking grim).

The game has been fun, though, which is the most important thing to me. Next time I will play the zombies to get that perspective.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies) - goodcop2000 - 03-04-2012 06:14 AM