Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies)
03-04-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies)
(03-04-2012 06:14 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  ...

With 5 turns left, Billy and Sam are both wounded, on the run toward the hospital with some decent distance between them and the ravenous beasts. However, Father Joseph and Sheriff Anderson are both zombie heroes...

Game update: We finished up the last 5 rounds of our game this afternoon and Billy and Sam (both down to their last wound at the end) managed to survive, making the game a nominal hero victory.

It was hectic, though. If it wasn't for free searches, the heroes would barely have used any Hero cards because usually the heroes would make it to a building, get the free search, and then have to make a run for the next building to avoid the converging horde.

One quirk about this scenario that I noticed during the second half of the game was that with all 28 zombies on the board it was a better strategy to not snipe any of them with ranged weapons unless absolutely necessary to clear a path. With the extra spawning pits and no restriction on how to distribute spawned zombies, any zombies that were killed in the Hero Turn were usually spawned in closer proximity to the heroes on the following Zombie Turn.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Wave scenario (nod to Plants v Zombies) - goodcop2000 - 03-04-2012 10:16 PM