Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Played my first game tonight.
02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Played my first game tonight.
Tonight was my first foray into the town of Woodinvale to experience my Last Night on Earth. In other words, I played my first game and had a blast. Kinda.

It took me a bit of time to set up and I was constantly referencing the rules, so it lasted much longer than I expected but that was my own fault. I played the "Die, Zombies, Die" scenario as it's the most basic (hence, the basic game). At first, the Nurse got jumped right in the first turn and I thought she would be the first goner, but by the end of the game, she still only had her one wound from the first attack and she was cleaning house with a pump shotgun (one of the only bright spots in the dark hell of the Heroes experience). The farm girl had a nice moment of chucking dynamite into a group of three zombies and killing two of them. The jock's claim to fame was breaking a bat over a zombie's head without killing him and then dying. Meanwhile, the sheriff showed everyone who the boss was by firing the only bullet in his revolver and missing. But he later got a pair of two handed garden sheers and chopped down two zombies before being brought down by the swarm.

All in all, it was pretty hopeless for the heroes. Wow. The zombies are not only strong, but their cards are so brutal. I never felt like the heroes had any chance at all with how rarely they got cards and with how difficult it is to take down a single zombie. I really need to think of new ways to get those heroes through the night, but card after card from the zombies just beat the living daylights out of the good guys' chances. It ended at turn 8 with the heroes taking down 8 zombies and two heroes dying. That also seems a bit harsh, losing two heroes ends the game. Man, it doesn't pay to be breathing in a zombie apocalypse.

After it was all said and done, I got to sit back and discover the staggering amount of mistakes I made while playing. Oops. I messed up tons of times during the game and then found a ton more afterward that I didn't catch. Live and learn, right? Or, in the heroes case, die and learn. I owe them all a hearty, "my bad", tomorrow when I go back for more.

Overall, it was fun. A lot of fun, in fact. Sure, I screwed up but that's part of the process. Tomorrow when I play I'll be on the lookout for the mistakes I made so I don't make them again.

Oh, and one more thing of note: I played the soundtrack in the background during the game and I really loved it. It really served its purpose and surprised me with how seamlessly it blended into the experience.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-26-2009 01:47 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - Sarku - 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - btf032 - 02-27-2009, 05:41 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - Emp - 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM