Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Played my first game tonight.
02-27-2009, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2009 04:12 PM by n107.)
RE: Played my first game tonight.
Tommy Brownell Wrote:But, of course, if you repeatedly have incredibly bad rolls, none of that helps...=)

And there's my biggest problem. I played three games so far and in each game I've had a character start with a gun. I believe I scored one kill total (out of all three times) before each gun was discarded. And I am using random characters as that's what the rulebook said and I like the idea of not knowing who's going into battle (i.e. going to die). Another major problem is I roll doubles A LOT... on all rolls that don't beat the zombies. Only killed a zombie with a double once in all three games.

The last game I played was "Escape in the Truck" or, as I like to call it, "No Chance in Hell 2: Everyone Still Dies But Now There's a Truck in Town!" This time it was Det. Winters, Sam the Cook, and Kenny the Bag Boy (just like in game 2! Yay for shuffling doing absolutely nothing.). But this time they got the Priest on their side. First turn, Father Joseph channels the power of George Michael and gains Faith. The other heroes manage to get into buildings and start searching for gas and keys. Sam gets jumped and takes two wounds and, afterward, he's feeling a little strange. Fortunately he killed his attackers.

Detective Winters finds an old set of keys that look like they might work on that truck that's parked in the middle of town for no good reason and almost at the same time Father Joseph finds a gas can. Even though on opposite sides of town, they psychically realize that if they work together they can escape. Though the detective is a bit of Loner, so it will be hard for her to work with the priest, even to escape, she decides to try. Before Joseph can leave the building, he's mobbed by two thuggish zombies who, even though Joseph has the upper hand of 3 to 1, they both take a hit on him. Father Joseph makes it to the truck just in time to see God turn his back on him and he dies, dropping the delicate soap bubble filled with gas that evaporates as soon as it hits the ground.

Now Winters runs back to find a new can of gas while Sam and Kenny continue to search. Sam's no longer feeling Strange so things are looking up for him. But when Winters dies from a single zombie resistant to both bullets and hand weapons, the keys are gone too. Finally, with just 3 turns before the sun sets, Sam, on the brink of death, gets the gas can and Kenny simultaneously finds keys! Kenny mows down a crew of zombies with a chainsaw on his way to the car and Sam gets outside of the hospital just in time to see the young man get ripped to shreds against the truck.

Game over.

So... yeah. Until I actually see video proof of heroes winning (outside of a random fluke), I'm going to assume anyone that says it's possible is lying. The zombie cards are enormously powerful and the heroes just don't get what they need fast enough. Tomorrow I'll play "No Chance in Hell 3: Scenario Doesn't Matter; The Heroes Will Die!"

Still on the plus side, I'm loving the CD more and more. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - Sarku - 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - btf032 - 02-27-2009, 05:41 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - Emp - 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-27-2009 02:54 PM
RE: Played my first game tonight. - n107 - 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM