Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gave this another go..
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Gave this another go..
Played last night a team game, three teams of two, against The Vampire.

Game seemed to play pretty slow, which was unfortunate because one of the teams needed to leave before the end of the game. We wound up diminishing the power of the Vampire in order to get the game wrapped up at a decent time.

I, personally, enjoyed it...but I can see I'll be struggling to get folks back to the table again for that one...although my partner in the team game said he was certainly game for me, as he quite liked it as well.

One player just couldn't get into the whole point of going around the board and "investigating", which kinda means the whole premise was lost on her.

By the end of the game, four of the elders were dead, The Magistrate was evil and Lord Hanbrook was quite cowardly and of little help in the fight with the Vampire...but Thomas, The Courier unloaded with his Hunting Rifle, then Victor Danforth unleashed a wicked combo of a a gunpowder keg (an idea he stole from eyewitness reports of Inspector Cooke's and Heinrich Cartwright's intial encounter with the vampire), the Tools of Science (his Cunning was at a 6 at this point) and shattered the Old Carving to deliver the killing blow to the Vampire.

Good times.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Gave this another go.. - Tommy Brownell - 03-08-2009 09:50 PM
RE: Gave this another go.. - Old Dwarf - 03-08-2009, 11:02 PM
RE: Gave this another go.. - n107 - 03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
RE: Gave this another go.. - Old Dwarf - 03-12-2009, 12:41 AM
RE: Gave this another go.. - n107 - 03-12-2009, 12:20 PM