Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movie Reviews - 121 horror movies
05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: Movie Reviews - 120 horror movies
(05-12-2012 12:36 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I think you've got all of those reviews spot on you are shaping up to be a very reliable source for celluloid gore hounds. Your reviews are informed and interesting.

I personally loved The Descent my advice is watch it again you will then know every character (they are quite complex) and the plot deserves another visit (the freindship dynamic, histories and conflict). Please don't think I'm being patronising I'm sure you 'got it'. I'm just saying it's definitely a better film 2nd time around. A dark room, alone with surround sound helps too. I would give it 5 stars and I would say it's one of the best horror films I've ever seen. This probably helped by reading one of Lovecraft's early tales titled The Thing in the Cave when I was young. Scarred. for. life.

Dog Soldiers and The Descent were made by the same director.

Don't watch The Descent 2 it was a major disappointment for me.

Thanks for these reviews keep going sir!

Thanks for the feedback, samurai. Don't worry about me taking offense to any commentary - I'm no professional just a movie lover with opinions. I know exactly what you mean about a 2nd watch - I've had my opinion change pretty drastically on movies when I watch them a second time. And I would definitely watch the descent again - the tension in the darkness was awesome.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Movie Reviews - 120 horror movies - goodcop2000 - 05-12-2012 02:53 PM