Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
zombie RPG d&d style mechanics
05-29-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: zombie RPG d&d style mechanics
Hi Jimbal

First of, thumbs up for the reflective post!

I also enjoy toying around with RPG (Ars Magica) on the side and the mere thought of throwing in some living corpses for a xmas feast in the slaughter house does sound like fun.

Reading your post makes me think you're going for a dungeon crawl approach to the genre. Not there's anything wrong with that - you'll probably have a hell of a time staying within your safe zone pointing your swords or guns at the nearest horde, but have you considered going for a more post-apocalytic horror feel of the game and introduce fear in your group?

It's a matter of taste but I always advocate for the thematic approach of despair and disorder, which for me is what this genre does best.

The only horror RPG system I've tried so far is CoC and I think it would do well even for a modern post-apocalytic setting.

Well, these few thoughts were only meant for inspiration. I hope you go through with your idea whatever your approach... and hopefuly your group will play with you again some day after you have turned them against each other and into zombie fodder.

'Oh, The Horror!'

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
zombie RPG d&d style mechanics - jimbal - 05-29-2012, 08:51 AM
RE: zombie RPG d&d style mechanics - scarydk - 05-29-2012 10:47 AM