Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are your favorite horror movies?
03-23-2009, 05:57 AM
RE: What are your favorite horror movies?
Ryuk Wrote:Hi n107,
I too, have been wanting to reply but have been over-analyzing my response: Is that a horror movie, creature feature, slasher flick, etc.?
Trying to list some suggestions of movies you might not have seen:
The Thing: Way near the top of my all-time favs. I know you've said you've wanted to see it. Can't recommend it higher. Great suspense with great actors.
Wishmaster 1 & 2: I really liked these. Neat horror fun with some cameos from stars of other horror flcks. Be careful what you wish for!
From Beyond: Crazy H.P. Lovecraft horror with one of my favorite actors- Jeffrey Combs. Bi-zarre!
The Others: Not so much horror, but a great haunted house story that made me jump out of my chair at the end and yell, "Holy jumping Kidmans! Never saw that coming!"
Fire in the Sky: Again, not sure if this is horror but I don't think any other movie gave me quite the case of the creeps as this alien abduction movie did.
Favorites:
Glad somebody finally mentioned The Exorcist. Gotta be in the top five.
Now I'm puzzled? What is my favorite? Oh well....... Hope this doesn't ruin my credibility... no one's mentioned it yet. I'm a big fan of ... Hellraiser! HR 1 & 2 is a great two-part movie. I don't know why, but I can't get into or even bring myself to watch movies like Hostel, Saw, ... anything with just humans killing other humans. But demon-people from the dimension of pain who arrive to 'share the pain'? Yes! Have always loved HR1 & 2. HR 3 is OK. HR 4 is really good. 5 was just awful. And 6,7,& 8 have sat on my shelf for ages... never watched them. I guess the shock of how bad 5 was,... put me in pause on my Hellraising.

Well, been wanting to get these thoughts posted.
Have you already watched any of them?

Thanks for the suggestions. I've seen "Fire in the Sky" and "The Others". I liked "Fire" at the time, as I really read a lot of books about UFOs, aliens, and whatnot. Also I've seen their story on Unsolved Mysteries before. It was a good movie but, like most 'true stories', the more I look into it the worse it gets. "The Others" was a decent movie, but I just didn't care for it. I can appreciate it for what it is, but it didn't do naything for me.

As for "Hellraiser", I've only seen bits of the first film and never watched any of the others. Maybe I'll get around to it someday.

"From Beyond" might be fun. I'm a fan of H.P. Lovecraft stories. Or the atmosphere of them, to be more accurate. And Jeffrey Combs is always fun. I did rent "Dagon" once, but I tried watching it when I was very tired so I fell asleep about 3/4 into it. It really seemed to be made by a true fan of Lovecraft. For a low budget film, the parts that I saw were good enough.

And, of course, I still intend to see "The Thing" eventually.

Thanks again for the ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread