Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gremlins fans? Gizmo's Great Escape.
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Gremlins fans? Gizmo's Great Escape.
Anybody else here a fellow Gremlins fan? The wife and I were in New Hope several months ago and swung by one of our favorite stores. I saw a pack of little Gremlins figures. I thought they were just that, just figures. They looked really cool, so I gave them a closer look. Turns out, it was actually a board game!

Now, mind you, it is a very small, very simple board game that only takes you about ten minutes to play. So, it isn't like it was meant to be a full, real board game. It wasn't like it was meant to occupy loads of time, and be really varied and different like Last Night On Earth.

But, for what it is, it is actually a lot of fun! My personal recommendation (especially with it being such a short game) is to play the game with your opponent in two rounds. One in which you each get to trade off playing as the Gremlins or Gizmo. This way, you each get a chance to try both sides.

It is a very simple game. Gizmo is trying to get to the escape spaces on one side of the board, the Gremlins are trying to kill Gizmo. The cards allow the Gremlin characters to move, and the Gizmo character to move and often times also move some Gremlins to try to get them into a trap.

It definitely isn't a game you will become obsessed with and play endlessly. But, then, it very obviously wasn't really meant to be. It was just a fun, cheap little game for a quick play. For what it is, I love it! It could certainly fit nicely into a game day as a game to play in between other longer games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Gremlins fans? Gizmo's Great Escape. - StayPuft - 06-22-2012 09:30 PM