Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically...
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 07:56 PM by StayPuft.)
The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically...
I am fairly new to this game, so hopefully others have thought of this already. It is funny, because so far, every flaw somebody seems to think they are able to find in the thematic feel of the game, I am able to come up with a way around, or others here on the board have been able to explain around.

The ONE thing I can't think of a way to explain thematically, and haven't seen discussed is this...

How do you get around the pretty much standard zombie rule that one bite turns you into a zombie?

Now, mind you, this is still a board game. They couldn't have it be one wound and all heroes are dead/zombies. That would not make for a very good game. So, if THIS is the only thematic problem there is, then it is MORE than excusable. But, it is still interesting to think about, and makes me wonder if others have come up with an answer.

Now, I did think of one thing. Just because a zombie wounded you doesn't have to mean they bit you. They might have tried to grab you and torn at your flesh a little, or hit you pretty hard a few times, etc.

So, that could kind of explain around it a little. But, if you have a game where a lot of heroes are getting wounded, some even multiple times, that explanation starts to seem a bit of a stretch. Then again, maybe not. I could almost see that working in a zombie movie. After all, there is usually a lot more humans in zombie movies than 4. Often times, the main characters do last a while. So, the idea could be that your four heroes are the main characters, which is why they continue to escape for a while. I'm just not sure if that still seems a bit of a stretch.

I don't know. Anybody else come up with an explanation for this one?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically... - StayPuft - 07-05-2012 07:56 PM