Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically...
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
RE: The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically...
(07-06-2012 07:12 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  And, yes, it is definitely just all in good fun. To me, figuring out ways to explain things thematically is part of the fun. :-)

I agree. Finding meaning in this post-apocalyptic world is fun, and it got me thinking about my thematic interpretation...

When using an ability like Strength of spirit or exerting oneself with barricade building, the wounds sustained, I'd agree should more be seen as fatigue points spent. However when it comes to wounds resulting from fights (or other types of attacks) my thematic interpretation of such wounds is pretty straight forward like the genre itself: it's all about blood and gore. As most wounds in our games result from fierce fighting we have blood spurting everywhere just like in the movie Braindead. Watchmen02

But if all wounds are caused by a zombie aggressor then why doesn't every attack result in the Hero being turned into a Zombie Hero?

Since each Hero can only sustain a few wounds before experiencing sudden death, a single wound seems to represent a major trauma:
A serious and life-threatening physical injury, with the potential for secondary complications such as shock, respiratory failure and death.

Although LNoE does not define a distinctive mechanism of transmission of the zombie-ish condition, it obviously requires the infliction of one or more wounds on the victim. Even if the condition is caused by a virus (taking Rabies as an example) it's worth noting that the spread doesn't necessitate a bite nor does a bite from an infected individual neccesarily result in transmission. However it would require the virus to gain entry and as it happens, bites do have a tendency to cause deep injuries and since normal human saliva contains as many as 100 million organisms per milliliter, you probably start feeling kinda strange once bitten - but it need not always be the case. Transmission may as well occur when infectious material is present on say a Grave Weapon...

So for me wounds represent wounds - serious wounds - that sometimes depending on the circumstances cause spread.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically... - scarydk - 07-06-2012 10:39 PM