Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solo session report (narrative style): Anne Marie vs. Delion Dryad
07-16-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: Solo session report (narrative style): Anne Marie vs. Delion Dryad
(07-15-2012 06:57 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Interesting I never read a Session Report for AToE from the Villains point of view....Well Done.

OD

After looking at how things played out in the game (especially the early part where the trees were following Anne-Marie around)... It just seemed fitting that she herself was actually the villain. She certainly had a big enough pile of evidence by the end (seriously, I had a ton of Investigation tokens...)

Plus, if you look at the raw data... The two rounds of the Showdown resulted in first reducing the Dryad to 1hp, then killing all the elders in one big hit before the Dryad obliterated my own wounds. If I'd gotten one more hit in during the first round, I could've at least defeated the Dryad at the same time as the Shadow track passed 0, as one of the 'Elders' at the end was the corrupted Guide (and thus not linked to the Shadow track), but I think I liked the way it actually *did* play out more.

On a more general note... Is it actually possible to defeat the Dryad in single-hero solo play? It doesn't seem like you can do much more than hold steady without some *very* lucky Lair deck shuffling, what with the Living Trees coming onto the board in every single round, and sapping Shadow points if you don't kill them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solo session report (narrative style): Anne Marie vs. Delion Dryad - HikariStarshine - 07-16-2012 01:07 AM