Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My First Custom Scenario - A Little Friendly Competition
07-26-2012, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 07:57 PM by StayPuft.)
My First Custom Scenario - A Little Friendly Competition
So, now that I have been playing for a bit, and I now have access to the downloads section, I wanted to try out creating my own custom scenarios. I have a few ideas for scenarios in mind, but this one was the first one to fully form in my head. I wanted to share this with everybody to get your input and suggestions. I wanted to make my first custom scenario somewhat simple, but also somewhat unique.

(NOTE: Unfortunately, I do not have Photoshop or anything like that, so I had to do this in Word. So, it isn't perfect, but I think it actually turned out okay.)

Take a look. One thing that popped into mind that we have yet to ever see with any scenarios… The heroes competing against each other as well. So, that is what made me think of my scenario here today. “A Little Friendly Competition.” Here, the heroes are split into two teams of two. The idea is that they are bored and going stir crazy from having to keep finding safehouses and then staying cooped up for long periods of time.

As Zombieland taught us, sometimes you have to take time to enjoy the little things. So, the heroes divide into teams and challenge each other to see which team can be the first to kill 5 zombies. However, remember that this is just friendly competition. In other words, you don’t want to sabotage your opposing heroes. You still want them to survive. In fact, your victory could even depend upon helping them survive. After all, the zombies still win if they kill 4 heroes, or any other standard zombie victory conditions. So, whereas you do want to win, you don’t want to do so by seeing your opposing heroes die, especially since this could lead to your defeat as well.

I’m attaching the scenario itself as well as my brief introduction to it. A few things of which I was not sure for which I would love suggestions:

Do you think 15 turns is good? Or is that too much, or maybe not enough? I wasn’t sure.

Do you think 5 zombies is good? Ot is that too much or not enough?

Another reason this scenario came to me is because I have found nobody seems to like Die Zombies Die. One of the biggest reasons for this seems to be that it gives you 15 rounds to kill 15 zombies, making this seems nearly impossible. So, I thought why not have a similar scenario, but make it not quite so impossible, so it still seems like either side could win. Let me know what you guys think, or what other little details I should maybe fill in on the explanation, or the scenario card itself. I hope you guys like this. It was my first attempt at making my own scenario.

I'm attaching the scenario card, and the explanation below:

.doc  Friendly Competition Intro.doc (Size: 24.5 KB / Downloads: 9)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My First Custom Scenario - A Little Friendly Competition - StayPuft - 07-26-2012 07:55 PM