Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
12-09-2012, 07:52 AM
RE: What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss
Pathfinder tabletop RPG; Scottish accents on women; old-school 1960s-1980s fantasy and sci-fi; the Shining Force series pre-PS2 era when it was still a turn-based strategy RPG; writing (novel-format as opposed to screenplays, comics, etc); believing my opinion is better than everyone else's; movies that succeed in being "chill-you-to-your-core" without resorting to mere jump scares (Exorcism of Emily Rose is my prime example).

My real, true obsession would have to be reading and writing. I'm a book-reader first and foremost over the more visual mediums of entertainment, and I've been reading 40-50 books a year since 2004, in just about every genre imaginable (fantasy, sci-fi, horror, modern literature, classic literature, steampunk, cyberpunk, contemporary fiction, mysteries, thrillers, urban fantasy, detective stories, children's books, young adult, and on and on). As far as writing goes, I enjoy the writing process for crafting a story about as well as I like reading, and I enjoy more than anything when a story I'm writing suddenly surprises me with a direction I hadn't intended it to go.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are some of your other "obsessions?" List/discuss - Irish Daigle - 12-09-2012 07:52 AM