Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Scenario: Night of the Walking Dead!
07-31-2012, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 08:00 PM by Leonard.)
Custom Scenario: Night of the Walking Dead!
This is my first (hopefully of many) custom scenarios. I wanted to create a scenario that mirrored as closely as possible, the more conventional zombie stories out there, hence the name, an amalgamation of TWD and NotLD.

I was also interested in creating something that could hold all 8 original survivors and that would use all 6 of the L-shaped boards. Being a big AToE fan I also wanted to raise the stakes regarding the competitive aspect of the game, particularly as my gaming group is very competitive. With that in mind I've created 'Night of the Walking Dead - News Chopper 3', using 8 Heroes and 6 L-shaped boards with the Manor piece, and pitting every Hero player against each other as well as the Zombie team!

This scenario essentially bridges the gap between 'Defend the Manor House' and 'Escape in the Truck' story wise, and incorporates elements from a variety of different scenarios while adding some more original aspects also. I'm not a photoshop whizz so unfortunately I had to use a combination of MS Word and Paint Insane19

I plan on doing a proper prequel and sequel also, so this will probably be the middle scenario in a sequence of 3 (because trilogies are awesome!).

Anyway please see the scenario cards below as well as a brief written piece to set the tone for the scenario.

All thoughts/feedback/criticisms welcome, especially as I have yet to play test it myself.

The story:
On a seemingly ordinary autumnal night, the dead have risen in the sleepy town of Woodinvale. The heavy crunch of the dead on fallen leaves and their ghoulish, hungry din are carried in the wind. A small band of survivors have huddled together, seeking refuge in the old abandoned manor house overlooking the town as fear, panic and mistrust pervades the evening air.

A gruff male voice interrupts the static emanating from the antique radio, silencing the room. ‘People of Woodinvale, this is News Chopper 3. We will be refuelling in Woodinvale at dawn. We have room for two more. If there is anyone alive out there, signal your locale at dawn. We will find you.’

The message repeats. A pilot from the local news station located just outside of town has radioed, promising to make a single trip in the morning, carrying two survivors to a distant safe haven. An ominous silence follows.

With limited resources, and a growing desperation, alliances must be formed. Surviving the night might prove more difficult than anyone had imagined, with each survivor learning that their biggest threat to survival may not be the dead after all.

[Image: NotWD1.png]
[Image: NotWD2.png]
[Image: NotWD3.png]
[Image: NotWD4.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Custom Scenario: Night of the Walking Dead! - Leonard - 07-31-2012 06:28 PM