Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is AToE a high replayability game?
08-11-2012, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 01:52 AM by Tragic.)
RE: Is AToE a high replayability game?
Well from what I can tell (I am a new player) there is a lot of replay value as there is a ton of different "villian" you can use. I think there is 8 you can use fomr day one including the free versions form the FFP website when you buy CORE, and there is at least 4 really cool looking ones at BGG. I haven't really looked though the custom stuff here.

The problem with this game is the small game board and the way locations function. In Arkham Horror there is a lot of locations, each with there own flavour and risks as well as other world type locations. This means that there is a lot of variety though randomness. So while in aToE you do get variate in the form of different monster spawns and the villain, the actual game play of collecting resources seams like it would be pretty much the same no matter witch villain. I have the 2 expansions on order so once there is more locations this might not be as much of an issue as it seams.

As for custom variants, I think this game has some GREAT potential for modding.. in fact I have 2 in mind that are competing for my 1st variant. One is based on "Village of the Dammed" and have mind control maniacs kind of like the werewolf curse, and the other will be based on "Needful Things" and be all about corruption maniacs based on items. I'll not go into it here, but I think , just like any thematic game, if the imagination of the auther is up for it you can make some very very interesting and fun mods.

Roll High!!
Youtube: TragicTheBlathering
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is AToE a high replayability game? - Tragic - 08-11-2012 01:52 AM