Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone up for helping create rules for these Villain Cards
08-31-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Anyone up for helping create rules for these Villain Cards
(08-30-2012 03:55 PM)wisdomknight Wrote:  Hey Jack,

Yeah I was still planning on using the darkness meter.
Short answer to the other questions is I just don't know.
I was originally, and still most likely still will just make things my own as I go, unless I have an experienced Lovecraft/Mythos guy help me.
Im glad you find this an exciting project Watchmen02

Here are my thoughts, and you may do with them as you will.

Start small take a story, say Dunwich Horror. Create the Villains - The actual horror (not sure if he ever had a name, Wilbur and his grandfather, maybe add bats or rats as minions. Place the horror at the manor or the Inn for a little distance, and place Wilbur at a non-town random location. The grandfather can be used as an event on the minion chart. Use the town hall as Miskatnoic university and place a necronomicon item there (use one of the parchment tiles). If Wilbur makes it to the town hall (using the rules that minions during the mystery phase move 1 space closer toward the town hall) he obtains the book and can summon Yog Sothoth, game ends. If he doesn't make it, then the horror then releases and heads for town hall. If the players don't stop him, game ends. In this case the darkness meter represents the coming of Yog Sothoth, so I am not sure if it is necessary to use it. But your sanity meter would be awesome replacement. You can even make item cards to buy in town hall or the monestary that mimic the items that they used to kill the horror (I honestly forgot what they were but I do recall they were specific)
In this model the showdowns could possibly two to three depending if you use the grandfather. Maybe he is just a minion event.

Anyway, then continue on to the next story, model a game around that one, so on and so forth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone up for helping create rules for these Villain Cards - Wasteland Jack - 08-31-2012 08:35 PM