Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Just What I Needed" wasted?
09-09-2012, 04:10 AM
"Just What I Needed" wasted?
I was playing LNOE with my wife tonight and a situation came up which I think I know the answer for but I wanted to run it by the forum for confirmation.

Ok, to start I was playing Heroes (something I don't often do, but the wife wanted to try the Zombies.) She chose the Defend the Manor screnario. We were only using the base game since my wife wants to get more comfortable with things before including the expansions.

Here starts the bad news for me. For characters, I drew ALL students (Billy, Jenny, Johnny, and Sally) and I did not have the highschool on the board. On top of this, two of the students drew "Just What I Needed" as there starting cards inside the manor. Since this was the start of the game, there weren't any cards in the discard pile. In addition, this was a scenario that had no Scenrio Search Items.

So, my question to confirm...drawing "Just What I Needed" as a start card in this situation is just wasted card, correct? It's PLAY IMMEDIATELY so I can't save it, there's no card in the discard pile to draw from, and there are no Scenario Search items to draw from the the player deck.

To note, my future draws were not much better. My heroes lasted down to round 6 and NEVER drew one gun or a fire source to light the one gas canister we found. Hell, Billy never even drew one item in his first seven searches before having no choice but to move out of the building he was in to help defend the manor.

It was not my best moment...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"Just What I Needed" wasted? - sgiove - 09-09-2012 04:10 AM
RE: "Just What I Needed" wasted? - mqstout - 09-09-2012, 05:25 AM
RE: "Just What I Needed" wasted? - sgiove - 09-09-2012, 05:53 AM
RE: "Just What I Needed" wasted? - j0hnnn - 09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: "Just What I Needed" wasted? - PJON - 09-11-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: "Just What I Needed" wasted? - sgiove - 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: "Just What I Needed" wasted? - j0hnnn - 09-09-2012, 10:16 PM