Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In game stats and player rating
09-20-2012, 09:31 AM
In game stats and player rating
So I've been toying around for some time with the idea of recording some stats for the games of LNoE we play.

My first shot at it is this sheet (created in Excel - although perhaps not the best piece of software for the job):

The primary objective is just to have fun and to have a way of comparing different plays of the same scenario, and reflect upon the strengths of players, caracters and cards.

To keep things simple I've only made it to keep track of pure kills. It only includes implicit "fight/attack" cards used with a combat bonus/range (although other cards can be used to affect the outcome of fights etc.). Also, it doesn't store any information about how many times a card failed to aid in producing wounds nor the number of times wounds were inflicted but didn't cause death of the opponent. Neither can it be used to track zombie cards or dice used. But that's not the point either.

I've included "heroic acts" because in time I would like to use it as a way of rating players and characters. Since some characters are better than others to fight zombies, it wouldn't be fair to use kills scored as the sole tracker for a "rating system". Therefore I'm considering applying a method that includes zombie kills, heroic acts and a score for winning or losing for each scenario played (while the scenario score itself should be calculated based upon the average number of times the heroes have won that specific scenario). The same should apply to the ZP based on scenario wins, zombie heroes gained and (with a lower score) hero deaths.

As a side note, the sheet has been made for plays with only one ZP (since I don't play games with dual identities) and up to 6 hero players (since I do host games with more players than allowed, perhaps due to the fact that I insist on only having one ZP). The fields under each player name refers to the characters that player either controls or acquire during play due to "hero replenish".

I think I'll be adding an extra row to the heroes fields, allowing for each player to cycle through 4 heroes. Also I have made an error in the naming fields "players choice". I'll fix that in an upcomming update. Watchmen02

Any thoughts or ideas?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
In game stats and player rating - scarydk - 09-20-2012 09:31 AM
RE: In game stats and player rating - PJON - 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM
RE: In game stats and player rating - PJON - 09-21-2012, 08:48 PM