Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So...mix 'em all together? Or keep 'em seperate?
10-10-2012, 12:41 AM
So...mix 'em all together? Or keep 'em seperate?
I'm a weird guy. For a number of reasons. One of which is this: while I like expansions, I'm also a little OCD about them. In some weird way, I kind of always think all the contents of them "fit together" better than they do integrated into the base set. Kinda.Zombie12

I finally got to play ATOE the other night w/ ALL expansions shuffled in (minus the web exclusives. Think I'll order them tonight!). While it was crazy good fun & I had a blast coming up w/ all kinds of mental back story to explain how The Crimson Hand were linked to the Ghost Ship (seriously, little buggers were influencing Lord AND Lady Handbrook, nearly found me at the Monastery, committed one of the murders in the game, & attacked me on board the Shipwreck. They were everywhere! Shi Hai!)

So, one thought that occurred to me was maybe keeping any "themed" cards separate & combining them w/ "duplicates" of other core game cards & creating a Mystery Deck for each board. When you were on the appropriate board, you would draw from the appropriate deck.

That way, board specific events would occur in those areas & (maybe) keep the theme a little tighter?

Either that, or I need to shift my perspective. Instead of thinking of it as one single movie or adventure I need to think of it as an ongoing series, with overarching plot lines that weave in & out & may or may not have anything to do with the current story. (a la "The X-Files" or "Babylon 5").Zombie12
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
So...mix 'em all together? Or keep 'em seperate? - MoonSylver - 10-10-2012 12:41 AM