Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Dresden Files
10-19-2012, 01:15 PM
The Dresden Files
Okay, to be honest I push this book series on anyone with even the slightest sense of nerd in them. I just love this series so much and I hope others do as well.

The Dresden Files follows Harry Dresden, a private investigator who works with the Chicago PD special investigations unit. They are the ones that handle all of those weird and unusual cases. Harry does a great job helping them because, well, he's a wizard.

I love the take on magic that the author, Jim Butcher, does. It's not your DnD type of magic, and in fact he pokes fun at it in a couple places. He has this very well thought out world that could very easily slide right into our real world without much trouble (barring a few slight events). If you like ghosts, zombies, werewolves, elves, vampires, spell-slinging, crime-solving, fast-talking, or pretty much anything written on a piece of paper, there is something in this series that is for you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Dresden Files - Cyrano89 - 10-19-2012 01:15 PM
RE: The Dresden Files - PJON - 10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: The Dresden Files - mqstout - 10-19-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: The Dresden Files - Cyrano89 - 10-19-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: The Dresden Files - Old Dwarf - 10-21-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: The Dresden Files - Cyrano89 - 10-21-2012, 08:25 PM