Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
There are no good zombie board games?
10-25-2012, 09:01 AM
There are no good zombie board games?
After a dismal playthrough of 'The Walking Dead' boardgame, a friend of mine contended that there are no good zombie boardgames. He stated that this is due to the fact that zombie movies and stories do not translate well to game format.

Intuitively, I felt that he was wrong, but I couldn't think of any particularly strong counterexamples. Zombies are fashionable right now, and there's a lot of zombie related dreck out there lately, boardgames included. But there must be a few diamonds in the dungheap.

First off, I want to make it clear I have never played 'Last Night on Earth'. I'd wager that I'll find plenty of LNOE fans here, and plenty of fans of zombie board games in general. I'm curious to hear this forum's opinion on my friend's statement. What are the best zombie boardgames out there? What makes a good one? Has the recent trend toward cooperative/semi-cooperative games the key to capturing the feel of a good horror movie?

Conversely, if you agree, what can be done to make a better zombie game? What is lacking amidst the current field of zombie games today?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
There are no good zombie board games? - themanfromsaturn - 10-25-2012 09:01 AM