Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did the hurricane mess up your Halloween?
11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Did the hurricane mess up your Halloween?
I started typing this in a thread in the "Introduce yourself" section, but decided to give it a thread of its own instead so I wasn't hijacking somebody's thread.

For those of us within the area, how did you do in Hurricane Sandy? Did it mess up your Halloween plans at all?

Our actual Trick or Treating night was postponed. A shame, because the wifey and I love to put on our costumes for the year and hand out candy as the Trick or Treaters come by. That, and as goofy as it makes me feel as an adult, sometimes she drags me out to go to at least a few houses ourselves. LOL!

My work also moved our Halloween festivities (we always do a costume contest and cool stuff like that) to next Wednesday instead. Bummer, but in a way it will also be really cool to get to have a bonus celebration after Halloween. We normally get a good number of people participating, so I hope there aren't too many who pass on it because it is after Halloween now. One of the ladies in my department was saying she would feel goofy coming to work in a costume when Halloween is over. Well, poo on you! I'm not letting my fun be ruined. ;-)

We lost power Monday night, and had not gotten it back as of this morning. My wife tells me that apparently we got it back today before she left for work, but I still need to see it for myself. ;-)

However, I was NOT going to let the stupid storm ruin my Halloween. So, since there was nothing else Halloweeny to do, we went and saw a couple horror movies at our local theater. Definitely a very fun, very Halloween appropriate activity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Did the hurricane mess up your Halloween? - StayPuft - 11-01-2012 09:16 PM