Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
01-05-2013, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 01:41 AM by elwatoplus.)
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
Hi, after playing a few games of ATOE, I really wanted to experience LNOE as a solo game. I found this post and play tested your solo rules and let me tell you, you're in the right track for a Zombie AI mechanism.

I played the game using the following rules:

-D6 Zombie movement. Roll a D6. Unless driven by Zombie Hunger they move to any adjacent spaces according to the rules posted. On 6 they don't move. I liked the random way the Zombies wonder when heroes are not around, and the way they move toward the hero when they smell brains. The only downside is the constant rolling and alignment for every zombie. An untested suggestion for movement could be: Before the Zombie movement, roll a D6.

1-2 All the Zombies move one space toward the center. Zombies driven by hunger should move toward their objective.
3-4 Move each Zombie individually using the D6 Rules
5-6 All the zombies move one space toward the closest corner. Zombies driven by hunger should move toward their objective.

This may avoid the zombies stuck in places far away from the heroes for the whole game. Sometimes the zombies are just hanging around the spawning pits. This would also make it faster to move the zombies since there is a 1/3 chance to move them individually.

-Zombie Hunger 3 spaces. Excellent, I wouldn’t change that.

-Draw two zombie cards each turn (no fight cards). I played with the rule that all unused cards from last round move one layer up before drawing new cards. There are only two layers of cards so, if a card isn’t used in two turns by the third it is discarded. I liked this rule since there are times a card cannot be played immediately so, at least for two rounds the heroes are subject to the effects of that card if they perform a certain action.

-Fight cards- I played that before each individual fight the zombie rolls a die, if 5+ is rolled the zombie gets a fight card for that fight.

-Zombie Phase Chart - I implemented this chart, to be used during the Zombie turn after moving the Sun Chart. It’s completely based on the one of ATOE. I think this chart totally improves the solo experience. If you have suggestions to improve it I can upload it later on with the changes.

So, these are my comments and my suggestions based on my experience. Thanks a lot.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE? - elwatoplus - 01-05-2013 01:29 AM