Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
03-11-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE?
Now that I have more cards (got Growing Hunger and Hero Pack 1), I'm going to start playtesting again.

Just want to throw this idea out too, coming from Flash Point - in Flash Point, the fires are either placed via the pattern suggested in the rules, or are generated randomly by dice rolls. One of the flaws of a zombie-AI ruleset that I've noticed is that the zombies all spawn from the pits and are thus mostly at the edges of the map, all clumped together. I'm toying with the idea of starting the game with the starting zombies already placed around the map instead of at spawning pits, but I can't figure out how to randomly generate their positions yet.

Actually, now I do have an idea. Each quadrant is a 6 x 6 square, so to determine where a zombie is placed, you:

(1) roll for quadrant, 2-5 goes into the L-board written on the center board, re-roll 1s and 6s
(2) roll for the X-axis
(3) roll for the Y-axis
note: each square of the center board is just as big as a 2x2, so #2 and #3 can still apply.

For example, set the board up with all of the L-boards, then roll a D6 three times:
(1) a 4 means the southeast L-board (depending on how your center is oriented)
(2) a 1 means the left-most side of that quadrant
(3) a 6 means that the zombie will be placed at G-12 (man, I wish I could post pictures easily - I can't access a file hosting website right now)

Am I making sense?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best Solo Rules or Rules for FULL Coop for LNoE? - LabRat - 03-11-2013 11:03 PM