Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brains in Scandinavia
05-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Brains in Scandinavia
Greetings fellow enthusiasts of gore, mayhem and dead people walking...

My name is Anders, and I am currently an intern at a small village in Tanzania, Africa. Im originally from Denmark (and will return there in about two months), and while Ive been here I have had an increasingly Growing Hunger for brains and defeating the Undead...

Well, Ive played more than 100 games of LNoE, and have frequented the bgg, and read a lot on this website too about the game and the strategies. I have immensely enjoyed the basic game, and invested in Growing Hunger at it hit the shelves of my gaming store in Copenhagen. For me Growing Hunger added a lot of replayability of the scenarios, which on one hand were very welcome and on the other not needed yet. However, I would not seperate the rules or cards from GH if I could. Well, Ill post more about that in another thread. The thing that got me on to LNoE, was that I got is as a birthday present from a group of friends. The week after we got to play it for the first time...

It was a disaster for the heroes (including me). One tried to fight, only to be overcome by the hordes of rotting flesh. Two others found that this might be their last night on earth, and made out while the corpses gathered around them. And I ran as fast as I could to get to safety. An easy win for the Zombie team (of course playing Die, Zombies Die!). Immediatly after the game, one of my friends exclaimed: "This game is broken. Let us check the net for a faq." In my mind however I was thinking "That is because you havent seen enough Zombie movies". I have been hooked on the game ever since.

I am a huge fan of FFP, I believe they have a dedication to the game and gamers not usually found in gaming companies. As such I invested in AToE as it came out. To be frank it was kind of a disappointment to me. I want to like it, and it is fun if you have engaged people to play with, but sometimes it just seems too random to create a story, when you compare it to LNoE. However, I will still invest in the upcoming expansions.

Ah well... To fill out the facts: I am 28 years of age, work with humanitarian aid, land rights and NGOs, I am finishing my masters at a Danish university this fall and have been playing rpgs and boardgames since the age of 9. I have a gf currently stationed in Ghana, with no understanding of my "geeky side", but she accepts it anyhow. I live with a friend, which are also into gaming and have a group of friends willing to play at most times...

So a few questions for you, and off we go:
A Touch of Evil or Last Night on Earth?
What are your expectations for Survival of the Fittest (and the other expansions coming this Halloween)?
The longest game of LNoE?
The shortest?
Favourite character?
Most hated character?

Cheerio,
A

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Brains in Scandinavia - SovTech - 05-09-2009 08:25 AM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia - Old Dwarf - 05-09-2009, 12:45 PM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia - supervike - 05-10-2009, 04:12 AM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia - zombie67 - 05-10-2009, 07:26 AM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia - mqstout - 05-10-2009, 11:50 PM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia - Sarku - 05-11-2009, 04:16 AM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia - Jabbadoor - 04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Brains in Scandinavia - StayPuft - 04-11-2014, 08:19 PM