Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
11-16-2012, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 09:16 PM by StayPuft.)
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
Again, I am placing this in the general discussion area instead of "Variants" since it is really just something I am discussing as a cool idea. I haven't created anything for it.

I was randomly thinking of "The Walking Dead," and how they usually try to use a knife or some kind of stabbing weapon to kill zombies (or as they say, "walkers") if they can avoid using their guns. The reason is, they know the sound of the gun will just attract more zombies.

That got me to thinking... That would make for a really cool idea for a Zombie Card! I imagine it kind of similar to the cards that allow you to avoid having a zombie be killed by a gun, and the cards that allow you make the hero have to discard their gun after it kills a zombie.

It would also kind of be like the "Smell of Brains" card you get with one of the online supplements. The basic idea would be you could play the card when a hero uses a gun (heck, maybe even whether or not they are successful, since thematically the zombie(s) would hear the gunshot whether or not you hit anything).

It would allow any zombies within a range of X number of spaces to move into the space with the hero, thereby forcing a fight. It should only be one, or MAYBE two cards in the deck, though. Not a bunch. That would be something I WOULD think was too powerful if there were more than just a few in the deck.

What do you think? If that seems too powerful, it could always be on a roll of 4+ or something like that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies - StayPuft - 11-16-2012 09:15 PM