Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arkham Horror style personal missions
11-30-2012, 01:15 AM
RE: Arkham Horror style personal missions
I saw that thread at BGG, loved the idea, & was sad it never came to be as well. I'll have to dig it up again to see what the original few that were mentioned were like. Here's just a few rambling observations:

1) Need to make sure the threat matches the reward & vice versa. A simple task to perform should only net a small gain & vice versa.

2) Should they be simple things, like defeat a minion, or multi part tasks? Both? I kind of like the idea of having to acomplish a series of things. But obviously, not too many, nor all of them too difficult, or else the focus of the game becomes about trying to complete a laundry list. Freak02

3) Look at Ninjadorg's "Investigation Deck" over at BGG & Prf. Fate's "Hunting The Night" here on TZG for inspiration. The former in particular is good simple missions & the latter gives a good idea on what multi part ones could be like.

4) I'd like to see multiple ones for each Hero. Doesn't have to be a slew. Even 3 would be good. that way one could randomize & not have the same story evert time. Watchmen02

If I can I'll try to contribute more as time permits. Watchmen02
---MS

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arkham Horror style personal missions - MoonSylver - 11-30-2012 01:15 AM