Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Size limit on posts
02-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Size limit on posts
This question is for the powers that be that run this great site.

In April of 2012, I posted a review of about 40 zombie movies in the "Media" section of the board. I later expanded the post to include all types of horrors and thrillers.

By May, my post exceeded the size limit. I didn't receive any error message but realized this when I viewed the post and saw that it was truncated. So, I divided my original post into two posts (each containing half of the alphabet).

I have slowly continued to add reviews (I am up to 213 movies as of today) and I finally hit the size limit again. For today I fixed the problem by changing my first post to only hold A to L instead of A to M. But I have several more reviews to add to the M to Z post and I'm worried I will overflow that one, also. Do you all have any solutions you can offer?

I can stop adding to the posts but I do enjoy doing it and I think there are at least a few people who read the new reviews when I post them.

I could divide each post again into smaller alphabetic ranges. If we do that, I would ask that the new ones be stickied so that they appear together with the two current posts.

I could change the posts to just reflect the name of the movie and the rating (this would tremendously reduce the size of the posts) and provide a link to some other place containing the full reviews but I'm not sure where that would be. I don't have my own web site at this time.

Let me know what you think is the best solution. Thanks.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Size limit on posts - goodcop2000 - 02-04-2013 09:25 AM
RE: Size limit on posts - mqstout - 02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Size limit on posts - Sarku - 02-05-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: Size limit on posts - mqstout - 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: Size limit on posts - goodcop2000 - 02-06-2013, 12:50 AM
RE: Size limit on posts - goodcop2000 - 02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: Size limit on posts - samuraitrev - 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM