Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
De-randomizng the adventures
02-15-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures
It's funny because this discussion has been made a few time during our gaming experience, i.e. "How is a Yeti in the middle of the Serengeti?"

One thought I had is to assign each danger terrain icons based on the context of the danger. If the context could be at any terrain type leave it as is. Place the dangers in piles based on terrain icons. Water Pile, Ice pile, Mountain pile, etc. As the player moved through each location on the move phase they collect an associated danger/terrain icon token (non-existant with delivered game)for each terrain type passed through Once arrived at the location of the artifact, they player would trade in the tokens for dangers based on the dangers amount listed on the adventure card. If there are more tokens than dangers, player's choice on which to keep. If there are more, they player must grab extra danger cards based on the location of the artifact.

The only problem I see is the locations without terrain markers (the Stepps, the Heartland, etc) You would have to assign each location with a terrain type.

It seems like a lot of prep work for each game, but if you are looking for plausibility of danger/location happenstance then it might do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
De-randomizng the adventures - Pfr_Fate - 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures - Wasteland Jack - 02-15-2013 06:52 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures - mqstout - 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures - mqstout - 05-26-2013, 03:12 PM