Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
De-randomizng the adventures
05-27-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures
* Why move the adventure start to a city? City spaces already have a lot going on for them. This change REALLY makes country spaces nothing but dead in-betweens with no reason to visit them short of low but non-1 movement rolls. (Can/do you still encounter the city where the adventure starts per your rules?)

(Just that most adventures are uncovered in a city....the temple/final location is elsewhere, but the first clues are in Boston, Moscow, New York, Shng-Hai, etc... As to making country spaces into dead zones, well...the characters still have to travel from one city to the next or back from the final location or to catch up on a adventure's second location...so there's still a lot of travel in-between cities)

* This greatly alters the competitive game. Players joining the adventure without having to catch up isn't so hot in my books. This can lead to one player doing all the leg work, then another just coming in at the last minute to claim the artifact.

(There is no alteration in the game, except the 'catch-up' heroes must travel to the second or later locations. They still must do dangers as per the rules.)

* This very much weakens the event cards that rely on terrain icons (volcano, et cetera).

(ummm...the characters are still in various locations as the path of the adventure runs from city to final location. I think the math actually increases the probability.)

* What if you're on a cliffhanger and the adventure location moves?

(Good one! Hmmm... First thought: you move, too, with the adventure. If you suceed, you cuaght up. if you fail, you ended up in the new spot)

* Deep jungle searching appears to have been removed, but the reward is still there. (And if it's still done: what if the adventure location moves while you're still searching?)

(Another good point!...Off the top of my head: the only time the added difficulty of searching would apply is if someone is trying to catch up to an adventure that currently resides in the Deep Jungle.)

Messages In This Thread
De-randomizng the adventures - Pfr_Fate - 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures - mqstout - 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures - mqstout - 05-26-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: De-randomizng the adventures - Pfr_Fate - 05-27-2013 10:45 PM