Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
If you have never checked out "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," you owe it to yourself to give it a try! Personally, I absolutely LOVE it! I saw it on the Instant Netflix a while ago.

I have always been a big fan of Neil Patrick Harris since he was Doogie Howser MD. (I LOVED that show as a kid and still do now.) So, it looked like it was worth giving a try. I sort of forgot it was even on my queue.

Then, several months ago (probably sometime late in 2012, if I recall), I finally decided to give it a try. It was awesome!

Basically, the premise is the main character is Billy, a.k.a. Dr. Horrible. He is an aspiring master criminal/super villain. He has his own Internet video blog (vlog). A lot of the story is told through that, but there is also more to it than just that. We also see the rest of the story as well. Meanwhile, while trying to complete all his evil deeds, and trying to get into "The Evil League of Evil," he also has a big crush on a girl he sees at his laundromat. But, he can't get up the nerve to talk to her. Kind of funny when you think about it. This evil super villain, yet he is too shy to talk to a girl. LOL!

Oh... it also happens to be a musical. ;-) I personally like musicals (well, certain musicals), but I get that they are not everybody's thing. If you are a fan of the TV show "How I Met Your Mother" where he plays Barney, then you would probably like this.

It also has Felicia Day, who is just freaking awesome! She plays Penny, the love interest.

Anyways, just thought I would put that out there. Anybody else seen this yet? If not, I highly recommend it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog - StayPuft - 02-27-2013 08:28 PM