Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apocalypse!
03-09-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: Apocalypse!
Our copy of Apocalypse arrived on Thursday - with the same bonuses gavindowning reported. I greatly appreciate the quickness of delivery and the surprise alien race, but I wish they had packed it better. They slid the game box into the shipping box, placed the bonus materials in the space available (the smaller bits nicely taped to the game box), then topped it off with a grand total of 7 packing peanuts. Yes, I counted. On the bright side, it didn't take long to do so.

Because the red promo allies had a lot of movement room, the Apocalypse Cube got slightly chipped and the flying palace is dangerously bent at its thinnest point. It is no big deal, but when you consider I paid over 50% of the price of product in shipping alone, it leaves a slightly bitter taste.

Last night the wife and I got a couple of games in; her Sirens vs. my Fishmen. That may read lewder than I wish, but it was... well, fun.

I'll start off by saying I had some pretty bad luck of the draws and dice rolling, but those Sirens _________________ !! (expletives deleted)

In a two player game, the Fishmen stood no chance whatsoever against those hussies of the sea. The sea dweller bonus is nice. The musk has the potential to be vile. But when you add in that Siren's Call? _______ ____ _______________________ !! (many expletives deleted)

Seriously, the expansion is fabulous. For fans of the base, I believe Apocalypse is going to be a must have.

It takes a brutal screw thy neighbor game and amps it to eleven. It is the first game where my wife actually felt guilty taking my cards away.

Every.
Single.
Turn.

__________ !!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Apocalypse! - gavindowning - 03-03-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: Apocalypse! - mqstout - 03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: Apocalypse! - D. Boon's Ghost - 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: Apocalypse! - friskers96 - 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Apocalypse! - mqstout - 03-04-2013, 12:42 AM