Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alone in the Dark as a Prologue Balancing
04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Alone in the Dark as a Prologue Balancing
I played something like this myself.
[Image: AloneInTheDark_BoardBEV.jpg]
We managed to get 4 boards (4 sets of 2 L-shapes) on the table and used the sun track markers from LNOE and TP. there was 4 of use so 2 boards per person; 2 zombies players with 7 on each of their two boards, 2 hero's players with a hero on each of their two boards. We had to make sure to keep drawn cards separate but shares the same deck (which may or may not have caused some balance issues, but it seemed ok in the run we played).
We had to track two more suns by paper, and track the kills by paper to.. so I ended up creating a print sheet (for next time).
Only one of the hero's survived (with a nice gun), and we had 3 Zombie heroes to start with (which was cool).
We played it so the amount of wounds the hero had was the spawn sacrifice to create them.
We also let the surviving hero heal their one wound before starting the main game. (we figured during the travel from their start mini town to the new one they recuperated a little). Funny thing was two heroes got pounded in alone in the dark, one came close, but the survivor actually ended up chasing the zombies like a Benny Hill sketch! Guess it is pretty much luck of the draw / rolls)

The print sheet has
Zombie Kill Counter x 4:
[Image: ZKillCounter_sm.jpg]

another two sun track markers (TP/LNOE),
and I made 4 mini track counters for if space is an issue:
[Image: MinTrack_sm.jpg]

Also stuck in some more "couter counters"

Click here to download
[Image: AloneInTheDark%20PrintSheet_sm.jpg]

Hope these help you too. Just realized another thing we had to frick was the spawn check. Might make 4 flappable Can Spawn/Cant Spawn counters too! we usually use the big Flying Frog white coin for one of the zombie players.

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alone in the Dark as a Prologue Balancing - labrys - 04-07-2013 06:51 PM