Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got Timber Peak, and I have three rule questions...
04-02-2013, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 08:02 AM by Twilight_Sonata.)
Just got Timber Peak, and I have three rule questions...
Question #1
Tonight, while I was playing as the Zombies, I used the Infected card to put an Infected Marker on Ed Baker and then randomly selected Ed Baker when I played the Secretly Bitten Zombie Upgrade. Because he had thus accumulated two Infected Markers, he automatically became a Zombie Hero. My question is whether I then get one experience for each of the three remaining health boxes he had. Interestingly, the rules don't specify that a Hero that becomes a Zombie Hero in this way is "Killed" or otherwise receives any wounds in the process, so it seems that I don't get any experience at all for it?

Question #2
I am also certain that the answer to this question is "No", but I'll ask anyway. If a Hero or Zombie is "Killed" and thus has their remaining health boxes filled with wound markers, can cards or effects that prevent or cancel wounds (example: Just A Scratch or Rachelle's Intuition) thus prevent that entity from actually dying? Or is it intended that "Killed" would simply then wound that health box again?

Question #3
On the subject of upgrades, I understand that if a Hero gets an upgrade that matches an ability that they already have, then they simply automatically get the Boost for that upgrade. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to include Rachelle's Intuition and the Shrug It Off upgrade or Nikki and the Hold 'em Off upgrade. Now, it could certainly be argued that, in the case of Rachelle and Shrug It Off, she gets to roll two D6, one for each of the abilities, every time she takes a wound, and that would be great, but is that what's intended? And in the case of Nikki and Hold 'em Off, the upgrade is completely useless to her, so would it be unreasonable to house rule that she get the boost automatically?

EDIT: Bonus Questions now that I'm thinking more...

When an Infected Marker causes a Hero to take an additional wound, do the Zombies get an experience for that? Or does it depend on the source of the initial triggering wound? Like, if the Infected Marker does grant Zombies experience if it activated when a Zombie delivers a wound to a Hero in a Fight, does it also grant Zombies experience if it activated when a Hero took damage from an ability like Strength of Spirit or from a Fire? Does it matter whether that Fire was one that the Zombies just started or the Heroes just started?
Speaking of Fires, I guess I also have a question about the other side of that. Do Heroes get experience for damage that Zombies take from a Fire that they deliberately started? For example, if a Hero places a bunch of gas markers in a line and then uses a fire item to start a fire in a space adjacent to the gas marker, causing the gas markers to blow up in sequence, the Hero still gets experience for the Zombies killed in the indirect explosions because those were still deliberate, right? Well, what about when the Hero does that and the uncontrolled Fires that spread from the gasoline explosions also end up killing Zombies? Do they get experience for those as well?

Finally, does having two of the same Hero Upgrade still allow you to use both of them individually? Or are you unable to have the same named ability more than once? The rules say that you automatically get the boost, but they they don't say whether you still get the effect itself. For some features, such as Tough or Reload, it would be useless to have it twice, but for others, such as Combat Prowess or First Aid, the benefit could believably stack. I'm assuming the intention is that a character cannot have the same named ability more than once, but it'd be nice to get official clarification on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Just got Timber Peak, and I have three rule questions... - Twilight_Sonata - 04-02-2013 06:46 AM