Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick question on # of cards
03-17-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards
I've never really been a huge fan of the win condition of zombies causing the last hero deck card to be discarded. To me, it just seems so anticlimactic. It's almost like a DQ or count out ending to a big wrestling match. LOL!

So, frankly, I'm fine with it basically being eliminated. To be honest, even when I first got the game and only had the base decks, I've never played a game that even came close to using the whole deck. I think the only time it ever came close was when we played once with Timber Peak with just the Timber Peak base decks. So, it isn't like it really unbalances the game much if at all. It wasn't a win condition that was very prevalent.

It is definitely a matter of personal preference, but the decks were designed to be very balanced, even if you do decide to use all of the expansions and base decks all in one.

There is some concern that it can make it harder in the case of scenarios where the Heroes are looking for a specific item(s), but most of the common items that tend to be scenario search items are duplicated in many of the expansion decks so you have a few more. So, it may make it a little harder, but should still be relatively balanced.

Again, just a matter of personal preference, I suppose. I happen to enjoy the huge decks, because it adds more variety to what you may see pop out from game to game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Quick question on # of cards - Cloaker - 04-07-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards - Cloaker - 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards - Sarge - 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards - PJON - 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards - PJON - 05-16-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards - Cloaker - 05-17-2013, 02:37 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards - StayPuft - 03-17-2015 08:17 PM