Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
evil dead
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: evil dead
I saw this on saturday, and to my surprise i didnt absolutely hate it. I am, like everyone else, a huge evil dead fan. This homage/remake wasn't bad. It is not without fault of course. Somehow they managed to have the same lack of character development as the original. The gore was over the top and great. The dialogue was dreadful. The effects being mostly practical was a nice change of pace in the post CGI world. It also gave several nods to the original and the sequels. The biggest fault I believe is that they didn't manage to really capture the spirit of the original. I have always loved the first evil dead for its independent gorilla film making feel. Most of my absolute favorite movies always make me feel like the film makers, including the cast, were doing everything they could to get a movie shot, sometimes to extremes, because they loved the project. That seemed to be the biggest problem with this big budget flick. They were trying to make something to make money first, cashing in on the franchise. That is not to say that the film makers do not love the original, but it seemed to have less of the feel that the people involved were out to make a great flick first, money being the main incentive. Maybe that is just me though, I do feel like I may be too jaded against Hollywood now a days...but they keep shitting on everything I love.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
evil dead - soundguy - 04-08-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: evil dead - samuraitrev - 04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: evil dead - soundguy - 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: evil dead - samuraitrev - 04-08-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: evil dead - theconcerned - 04-08-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: evil dead - goodcop2000 - 04-08-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: evil dead - friskers96 - 04-08-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: evil dead - jimbal - 04-09-2013 09:05 PM
RE: evil dead - soundguy - 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM