Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any fellow baldies with advice?
04-10-2013, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 10:25 PM by StayPuft.)
Any fellow baldies with advice?
(NOTE: Yeah, I tend to make very long posts. LOL! For anybody nice enough to want to offer their advice, but not patient enough to read my novel below, LOL, I will post a little note where the actual question starts. ;-) You won't hurt my feelings if you skip right to that.)

I can't remember if I ever posted something like this here before, but I didn't think I ever did. I looked through the threads I started and didn't seem to see anything.

Anyways, not too long ago (September of last year) I decided to make a big change. I had long hair for about 11 years. I suddenly decided it was time to go for a new look, and decided to go the complete opposite direction. I got it shaved completely bald, and have been loving it ever since.

In high school, I decide to start growing it out. I wanted to have a kind of rocker look with my hair. Unfortunately, there were two problems. One, I never really knew how to take care of it, and two, it frankly didn't look that great. (Partially because I didn't know how to take care of it, and partially because my hair decided to give up on me.) But, the fact of the matter is, I never cared. I liked it, and that was all that mattered.

But, I started to think about going bald, and started to think it would be a really good look for me. Plus, if I decided I wanted to go for it, it would certainly make it easier to go on job interviews if and when I wanted to search for new jobs. People had been telling me I should do it, but it had to be my decision.

(NOTE: My actual question begins here. LOL)

Anyway, long story short (yeah, too late, I know LOL) I finally had it done. I had a barber do it initially, but wanted to maintain it myself so I didn't always have to run to the barber. I did some research online, and a lot of people who shave their own heads themselves suggested the Mach 3 by Gillette.

...Yeah.... I nick myself EVERY SINGLE TIME. There may have been one time I didn't nick myself. Usually it isn't THAT bad, but I'd really like to be able to do it myself without having to always wind up looking like a survivor from a horror movie. LOL!

I mean, I don't think I am overly harsh in doing it. I do want to be sure to get all the hair so it is completely bald, but I don't think I apply too much pressure.

I have also heard of this thing called Head Blade that is specifically designed for people who shave their heads, so I may try that. Plus, apparently Gillette has a new Mach 3 specifically for sensitive skin, so hopefully that could help. So, I will probably try one of those next. I'd like to keep it always completely bald, but as it is I wind up shaving it once a week (after using a trimmer to make it as short as possible first, of course) because otherwise my head would look like a freaking pin cushion.

Anybody else here shave their head? Can any of you offer any advice on how to possibly do it without getting nicks? Maybe a specific brand of razor you use
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Any fellow baldies with advice? - StayPuft - 04-10-2013 10:23 PM