Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any fellow baldies with advice?
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Any fellow baldies with advice?
Thanks all.

Friskers, thanks for your input.

I do have a trimmer that I use. I also have barber style clippers, but I find that I haven't been letting my hair get long enough for them to do anything at all. So, honestly they are completely useless to me. Granted, if I had hair and then shaved it, they would be awesome for getting it down short first, and then I can go from there. But, I haven't been letting it get long enough to even need them.

However, the trimmer I use does help to get it down as short as is possible before using an actual razor.

And, as a matter of fact, I also happen to have an old electric razor. It is even a Norelco. It isn't so old that it no longer works. A few days ago, for the first time, I actually tried it on my head.

It actually did a really good job. It looked and felt pretty good. It still wasn't perfect. I can definitely tell the difference when I fully shave it with a regular razor. But, it would definitely be a good alternative so I can maybe use the actual razor less often.

Also, who knows? Maybe if I get a newer Norelco it may work just as well as an actual razor. It could just be that my existing one has already seen many years of service in shaving my facial hair. ;-) I do have a birthday coming up. I may have to put a new Norelco on my list.

Alderdust,

Looking forward to your advice as well. I am really loving my new completely bald look. It suits me very well, and I still feel like me, so to speak. That was one of the reasons I resisted it for a while. I felt the long hair was me, and was worried I wouldn't like the bald look. But, it really suits me, and I also get excited about all the other benefits.

The fact of the matter is, we don't live in a very open-minded world. If I wanted to go on a job interview, some places will ignore things like that and actually give the job to the person who seems best qualified. Some places would look at a person's resume who seems AMAZINGLY perfect for the position they are trying to fill, then take one look at a guy with long hair, or something like that, and pass on them instantly. Nobody is going to look at a bald guy and do that. Bald is in style. Especially these days.

I mean, not that that is the most important aspect, but I must say I do really like my improved ability to sort of "blend in" when I have to. It is certainly helpful in the corporate world.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Any fellow baldies with advice? - StayPuft - 04-10-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: Any fellow baldies with advice? - StayPuft - 04-11-2013 09:29 PM