Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Look at the top Card of the Deck before Searching? Or 3 Health Boxes with Youth?
05-01-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 08:44 PM by Twilight_Sonata.)
Look at the top Card of the Hero Deck before Searching? Or 3 Health Boxes with Youth?
(05-01-2013 03:51 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  If we're going with theme then being an army brat shouldn't make her hardier. I'd go with more skillful, greater knowledge of self defense, survivalist traits. Army brats don't endure the same training and physical conditioning as they're parents. Now you might go with Military School Dropout or something...

I didn't want to write up their full back-stories because they're a bit more lengthy, but the intention is that she actually did used to go to a military school. That's why the boot camp rumors started in the first place. She's more than just an army brat (and she hasn't had to move around as frequently as typical for other military brats), but of the titles that I thought of for her, that's just the one that I liked the most. I'm open to alternative suggestions, though.

Quote:Also, you thread title is a little long, people are going to have trouble posting.

Huh? What are you talking about? Thread title length interferes with posting?
. . .
And now after previewing my post, I see what you mean because it tries to ad "RE:_" before the title, making it too long. Hm, I will try to edit to shorten it.

(05-01-2013 07:59 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I just wanted to mention that I think the characters are really cool! They are really well thought out and would fit in perfectly with the other characters in the game.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them! Watchmen02

Quote:I really like the idea of allowing the librarian to "research" by looking at the card before deciding. I mean, it does cause a minor concern when you figure, if she then decides not to search, the heroes all know what is next in the deck. But, I think you can easily explain around that thematically.

Yeah, it does get a bit questionable, but a lot of the other Heroes also have thematically questionable features if you think about them too hard. For example, how does Sheriff Anderson always know exactly where to find a Revolver in every building of the town? How does Amanda consistently Hide in all of these completely open fields? What exactly is the nature of the Fire that Mr. Goddard always seems to have with him? And she may be a great rescue pilot, but how the heck does Nikki know how to use a Signal Flare to stop Heavy Rain? Probably the best thing to remember is that Last Night on Earth is supposed to be a game before it's supposed to be a simulation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Look at the top Card of the Hero Deck before Searching? Or 3 Health Boxes with Youth? - Twilight_Sonata - 05-01-2013 08:07 PM