Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to the Forum, Newish to the Game
05-21-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: New to the Forum, Newish to the Game
(05-21-2013 01:47 AM)benritter Wrote:  I've played LNOE about a dozen times, but I've never won as the Heroes. Someone mentioned this site on BoardGameGeek, so I came here looking to improve my game.

Wow. Never? That's tough. What scenarios are you playing and which expansions?

Anyway here are some tactics that helped me. And be aware that all those tipps depend on the situation. Sometimes you have to forget them Watchmen02...:

Action is better than reluctance! But do it with a plan. And don't lose your scenario goal out of sight!

Try to search and find weapons - best are guns but every weapon helps. It's great if one of your starting heroes has a gun from the start (Sheriff Anderson...).

It's better to avoid (and outrun) Zombies than to kill them (mostly - depends on the scenario).

If possible avoid hand to hand combat - heroes are dying there!

Go into hand to hand combat (if necessary). There are heroes that are great at fighting (Johnny...). But don't forget to get out of combat again as soon as you get the chance.

Sometimes it's a good idea to put a hero at risk to save the other. Use Zombie Hunger (especially at "Defend the Manor House").

Heroes are dying sometimes. You cannot save all of them - and maybe you get another one...

Don't let yourself be surrounded. Try to always have an emergency exit.

Don't let yourself be caught alone. It's always good if a second hero is near to help out if necessary. Team up "fighters" and "searchers".

Just some hints.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to the Forum, Newish to the Game - spiritusXmachina - 05-21-2013 07:53 AM