Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hold the Line ~Single Player Mission
07-03-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 07:35 PM by ZombieDad.)
RE: Hold the Line ~Single Player Mission
(07-02-2013 08:40 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  One thing to ponder... I'm no scenario writer but I've read on other forums (C&C: Ancients and C&C: Napoleonic) that to really play-test a sceanrio you shouldn't play solo but must play with other opponents.

The whole point of the scenario is to play solo. Did you mean get different people to play test it? If so, that's the purpose of the post. Try it out and let me know your thoughts!

(07-02-2013 03:17 PM)spiritusXmachina Wrote:  Some ideas for making the scenario harder for the heroes:
Starting tiles: All Heroes start at the opposite edge of the board on the same tile outside a building. (So they may not begin searching in the first turn).
Using the Zombie cards. Maybe: At the beginning of the Zombie turn flip over the first two cards. You have to use them at the first possible occasion. At the beginning of the next Zombie turn all cards not used are discarded and two new cards are drawn.
Of course there are some cards that should be taken out first like Shamble or Taken Over...

Spirit, Thanks so much for your continued support of the scenario.

I've also been thinking through the use of Zombie Cards. The idea I had was to put one card in front of each player at the beginning of the Zombie turn face up. If it is a fight card it is used in the first fight that Zombie has that turn or the following human's turn. If it is a movement card, enact the card right away. I think it is important to know what cards to take out. Any suggestions?

The second idea I had was to start initially with one Hero, and have 3 Heroes tied up in a separate random building on each map corner, that you need to "rescue" and build your party. In which case, you could choose to only rescue 3 and play the game with 3 heroes.

The third idea I had was to create a second victory condition besides killing all 12 zombies. It could be a simple, get the gas in the car. Haven't play tested any of these ideas yet. Just need to get some time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hold the Line ~Single Player Mission - ZombieDad - 07-03-2013 07:06 PM