Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hold the Line ~Single Player Mission
04-15-2016, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2016 12:56 AM by August700212.)
RE: Hold the Line ~Single Player Mission
Great idea. Thank you for sharing. This is a fun way of playing solo. I have difficulty managing multiples hands when playing solo and it is great not having to worry about how to play the zombie cards.

I gave this scenario several tries and came up with a question; did you intend to use Always Zombie Heroes and if so do they still move D3?

I have always played with Heroes Replenish and Always Zombie Heroes since I first got Last Night on Earth. I am glad they made that the officially ruling in TP although I did not use Heroes Replenish when I played your scenario.

My results after 4 plays are 3 wins and one depends. I forgot to play a fast recovery cards and Amanda took a second wound and died. This happened 2 spaces from the edge and if she got the D3 move as a zombie hero the zombies won. The heroes would win if zombie heroes only move one space per turn or if they need to stop on the last board space and then exit to board during the next turn for the zombie win.

OK, I guess I am just trying to find a way for the heroes to win so I do not have to report that I am the first player to lose at this scenario.

Scenario summaries:
Played with all cards except TP and BiF

Game 1:
Father Joseph found a revolver early in the game and gave it to Billy. Apparently he knows nothing about firearms because it had no ammo so Billy discarded it.
Two zombies made it to the last row but were killed in turn 11 for a hero victory.
Sally killed 4 zombies with an ax
Becky killed 4 zombies with the pump shotgun
Billy killed 3 with a meat cleaver
Father Joseph had faith and killed one zombie

Game 2:
Won on round 9
Kenny - 2 kills
Sam - useless with 0 kills
Johnny dominated with 7 kills
Sheriff Anderson had 3 kills

Game 3:
Heroes lose
Amanda died on round 10 because I forgot to play a fast recovery card on her. She turned into a Zombie Hero and rolled a D3 to move off the board and give the zombies a win. I continued to player with Zombie Hero Amanda on the edge space for an extra turn before exiting for the zombie win. Under this condition, the heroes would have one but Zombie Amanda did a lot of damage before she went down.
Victor - 5 zombie kills
Rachelle - 2 zombie kills
Amanda - 1 zombie kill before becoming a zombie herself
Stacy - 5 zombie kills including zombie Amanda

Game 4:
Heroes won on turn 11
Started slow because the heroes could not find any weapons. This is a common issue but the zombies move slow so the heroes keep searching until they find something useful.
Jenny - 4 kills with a chainsaw
Jake - 3 kills with Dynamite, broom and meat cleaver
Goddard - 1 kill with hands
Jade - 4 kills, she got a machete and the next to fights the zombie rolled a 6. She then found a pump shotgun and killed 2 more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hold the Line ~Single Player Mission - August700212 - 04-15-2016 12:23 AM