Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Brimstone Mines Users Guide
10-28-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: The Brimstone Mines Users Guide
Very true GD that the classes overlap, the Earp example shows that, as for Outlaw & Gunslinger I divide that
in my own mind as a Gunslinger being a gun for hire a Doc. Holliday type (dentist/gambler ) where as an
Outlaw does things like robs banks, stages ,steals cattle. The lines that delineates all the SoB classes sort
of depends on the popular Archetypes of the Old West & your individual interpretation of them.

The cowboy thing divides in my mind as the grunt ranch hand "The Marlboro Man" if you will, the typical
Archetype. A Women performer in a Western Show (they were a popular staple in these shows) a
Cow Girl doesn't fit that Archetype (God I'm falling in love with this word) but again there is no
reason why such a woman could not be in a Brimstone Party so I can lift my restriction on that basis.
(your chipping away bit by bit GW).

Yes Japanese were on the West Coast especially after 1880 when Congress stopped Chinese
immigration . I still can't see a Samurai in his robes & swords at the Long Branch

We are discussing fictional characters in a Board Game & this "Guide" is just my response
to how I see the Classes be it unnecessary or not. I don't think it's sexist to acknowledge
that women in certain SoB Classes would be a very small minority but I do see your point.
I think I'll split the difference & just make the Restricted Occupations subject to a die
roll to allow for the chance a woman would hold them.

This feed back is most helpful-of course it now means I'll have to paint up more figures
for the women variants.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Brimstone Mines Users Guide - Old Dwarf - 10-28-2014 08:24 PM