Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Behemoth
03-09-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: Painted Behemoth
I hope I do not sound too critical as I have nothing to say but suggestions to make it better. I am also by no means an expert.

- The color of zombie flesh is always a topic for debate. It depends on how old the Z is and perhaps the reaction to whatever is causing the condition.
- Since the damaged areas are not present on the model, you could cut them in with a dremmel perhaps.
- Thinning the paint will prevent it from obscuring much of the detail.
- Base color each section. Teeth and all. Then Wash everything. If you only have one color wash. Thin it as needed if you want to keep the white for instance. This will provide depth of color to areas like the collar, teeth, facial areas etc. It will also hide the transition lines like the red and white shirt separation.
- Dry brush and/or edge. If you go back over washed areas with a dry brush in the original color it will lighten it up again, but only the outer areas. Go with an even brighter color and it can pop. I often go with the original and then brighter in fewer areas. Edging will create bright spots. Like on the chainsaw.
- Once the colors are good, give it a clear Dull Coat. That will minimize the shine.
- Wounds should not have the under color visible. If you didn't cut the wound, simulate it with a base of dark red and then apply a fair amount of Blood God. Let it run a little if it's appropriate but don't let the brush strokes show. This and the next should be glossy on the freshly dead or recently fed around the hands and mouth perhaps.
- Use the rot sparingly. But let it pool a little in the wounds.

But it is still a great attempt. Really, all that matters is if you are happy with it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Painted Behemoth - Akfromla - 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Painted Behemoth - SpoKnight - 03-09-2014 05:59 PM
RE: Painted Behemoth - Akfromla - 03-09-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Painted Behemoth - goodcop2000 - 03-11-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Painted Behemoth - Fizzgaz - 03-09-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: Painted Behemoth - samuraitrev - 03-09-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: Painted Behemoth - SpoKnight - 03-10-2014, 01:03 AM
RE: Painted Behemoth - soundguy - 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Painted Behemoth - Akfromla - 03-10-2014, 05:38 PM