Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying my hands on Round Events
06-27-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Trying my hands on Round Events
Thanks for the great advice all of you! Sorry I didn't come back earlier - work got in the way Zombie16

(06-13-2014 01:07 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I would scratch that "do not count against zombie limit" phrase. It's a needless exemption to the base rules and hard to track without extra game pieces. Leave it as an optional (dot-valued) rule that the ZP can use differently-colored zombies for those spawned by round events.

I agree. The zombie count rule could be confusing, but I couldn't figure out how to get new zombies to spawn when the whole pool is on the board. I figured they could be mostly-NPC zombies, and therefore not count towards the limit (as they weren't spawned/placed by choice). Also, I'll check out the ATOE and FANG mechanics for inspiration, as you mentioned.

(06-13-2014 02:34 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Ah! Awesome. Like the High Noon cards from Bang!

I have no idea what Bang! is. Will look it up!

(06-13-2014 10:46 AM)slyzod Wrote:  I like this idea a lot. I have a few suggestions, if you don't mind.
[...]
Again, I like this idea a lot! Just trying to homebrew along with you.

Thanks! Watchmen02 I really like your ideas for this as well, especially the plot twist idea!
I will definitely think of this when trying to come up with the cards. They can get really dramatic!
Dividing the cards is great as well, as the subplot cards would become mission-esque รก la Risk, and that's a good thing!

(06-14-2014 07:12 AM)aprillo Wrote:  There's actually another fan who had a similar Idea, maybe you can take some inspiration from theirs, Love your card design by the way, and side quests are always a really cool idea.

Thanks! Watchmen02 I will check those out!

- Let's go. Stay close to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying my hands on Round Events - donvercetti - 06-27-2014 12:01 PM