Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark Gothic: Playthrough.
07-04-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Dark Gothic: Playthrough.
A couple added notes: setup is much, much faster now that I know what I'm doing. As in... a couple minutes, max.

And I tried the co-op version of the game, and it was CLOSE. The Vampire was the final villain, and he kept getting more and more powerful due to Shocking Discoveries. (It started off rough, because one of the first cards placed FIVE cards into the shadow stack, so on the first turn, the villains were halfway to winning already.) We were sure we were only going to survive one or two more turns, because there were now 9 cards in the shadows, and one more would mean we'd lose. Then someone got a lucky draw, and had JUST enough of EXACTLY the right types of resources to defeat the vampire. We discovered, though, that the very next card on the draw pile would have added another card to the Darkness. It was literally the last possible moment to defeat the vampire.

I think that, for once, I have a mild preference for the competitive version, but I still enjoyed the co-op version.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dark Gothic: Playthrough. - gavindowning - 07-02-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: Dark Gothic: Playthrough. - Old Dwarf - 07-03-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Dark Gothic: Playthrough. - gavindowning - 07-04-2014 03:13 PM