Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark Gothic's Incomprehensible Storage Insert
10-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Sad Dark Gothic's Incomprehensible Storage Insert
I've always held the firm believe that the storage solutions included in Flying Frog's games are a solid part of an attractive packaged whole. After opening, sorting, and playing Dark Gothic however, I am at a loss. This is the first time I am actually tempted to chuck the plastic insert and just rubber band everything together.

It all comes back to functionality. There are two functional paths that the designer could have taken here.
1: Big open area to store the cards. Maybe foam, plastic, or cardboard dividers to separate decks and card stacks.
2. Small individual pockets built into the plastic of the insert. Think Smash up or Dominion. The little pocket for the villains and heroes is a perfect application of this method.

Neither of these paths were taken however and instead we have some sort of jumbled hybrid that fulfills neither role. If I try to store my cards by deck type. (i.e. All the spirit training cards in slot and all the cunning training cards in the next slot) then they all fall over. There's nothing to hold the smaller decks upright and everything falls over. If I try to store everything by cramming it together in a big blob, then the little grooves on the bottom of the tray interrupt every 20-30 cards and actually impede what I want my storage tray to be doing.

...Zombie24 It's just awful. From the folks who have made so many GOOD storage inserts, I look at Dark Gothic's storage tray and just shake my head in confusion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dark Gothic's Incomprehensible Storage Insert - Raynor - 10-03-2014 04:28 PM